This accessibility statement applies to the Scan4Safety website https://www.scan4safety.nhs.uk/.
This website is run by Scan4Safety. We want as many people as possible to be able to use this website. For example, that means you are able to:
- zoom in up to 400% without the text spilling off the screen
- navigate most of the website using just a keyboard
- navigate most of the website using speech recognition software
- listen to most of the website using a screen reader (including the most recent versions of JAWS, NVDA and VoiceOver)
- Use your web browser to change colours, contrast levels and fonts
- Access to most of the website using a mobile or tablet up to 200%
- PDFs uploaded on the website are accessible with screen reader softwares
AbilityNet has advice on making your device easier to use if you have a disability.
This website is partially compliant with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2.1 AA standard, due to the non-compliances and exemptions listed below.
Non-accessible Content – non compliance with regulations
We know that some parts of this website are not fully accessible:
- A few buttons may not magnify when magnified at 200% on Chrome mobile.
- Some versions of Safari on mobile devices might have display issues at the bottom of pages.
- Some elements of the website might not properly display when magnified on the mobile version of the website.
- Some youtube videos embedded on the website only have auto generated captions.
Reporting accessibility problems with this website
We’re always looking to improve the accessibility of this website. If you find any problems not listed on this page or think we’re not meeting accessibility requirements, please contact us.
The Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) is responsible for enforcing the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018 (the ‘accessibility regulations’). If you’re not happy with how we respond to your complaint, contact the Equality Advisory and Support Service (EASS).
Technical information about this website’s accessibility
Scan4Safety is committed to making its website accessible, in accordance with the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018.
Preparation of this accessibility statement
This statement was prepared in December 2022. This website was last accessibility tested on December 2022 by Answer Digital.
We also carried out automated and technical testing to check the website’s code and content against the WCAG criteria.
We carried out usability testing to make sure the website can be navigated using a keyboard and the following assistive technologies: Voiceover, NVDA, JAWS and Zoomtext.